Birth Trauma and Birth Injury Lawyers
Cerebral Palsy and Erb’s palsy caused by birth trauma affect the whole family. Our firm is here to help.
Damage to a baby’s body or brain that occurs during delivery can lead to significant, and devastating, long-term consequences for children. Children injured at birth can face a lifetime of disability, pain and medical therapy.
- Download our Birth Trauma fact sheet.
- 5 Signs Your Cerebral Palsy Child Suffered a Preventable Brain Injury.
Girones Lawyers are Canada’s leading birth malpractice firm and have successfully resolved hundreds of cases resulting in millions of dollars for disabled children. We have lawyers with specialized experience and a stable of medical experts that we work with to assess, and pursue your baby’s case quickly and efficiently
The most common symptoms of birth trauma in a newborn infant are:
a) Cerebral Palsy caused by brain damage which occurs due lack of oxygen at the time of delivery. Cerebral palsy can also be caused by blunt trauma to the head and brain.
b) A Brachial Plexus Injury, which may result in paralysis or a loss of function in the affected arm.
Labour and delivery can be an arduous process for a fetus and sometimes injury to the baby cannot be prevented. However, often times, trauma is caused by medical negligence on the part of a doctor, midwife, or other hospital staff. Birth trauma most often occurs when:
- The baby is in an abnormal position (the baby should ideally be positioned head-down for the delivery)
- Labour is induced or artificially sped-up
- The labour and delivery happens very quickly
- The labour stalls or is very prolonged, or
- Forceps or a vacuum is used to assist the delivery.
The consequences of a birth injury can be devastating to you and your entire family. At Girones Lawyers, we understand that you are facing unexpected challenges and expenses due to birth trauma and its long-term effects. Let our expert birth trauma lawyers provide you with the legal advice and representation that you need to obtain compensation for your damages. Protect your legal rights and those of your child by consulting a lawyer as soon as possible.
- Was your Erb’s Palsy Caused by a Doctor? If You Answer YES to These Questions, Call a Lawyer Today.
- Brain Damage at Birth Caused by Lack of Oxygen, Not a Clotting Factor.
- $12M awarded in record malpractice suit
- The Erb’s Palsy Litigation Wars
- What is Shoulder Dystocia and why is it dangerous?
- Injuries at Birth – Causes and Recourse
- Causes of Brachial Plexus injuries at birth
- Birth Asphyxia – Links to Cerebral Palsy
* past settlements are not representative of future settlements as every case presents unique facts and challenges. Our firm will conduct the initial review of cases from across Canada. However the lawyers at Girones Lawyers may need to work in conjunction from lawyers in other provinces due to differing procedural rules in each provinces.