5 reasons why you need more liability insurance and the OPCF 44F endorsement for your car insurance policy
This post was written by Andrea Girones:
June 2nd 2015 I have recently noticed that many of my clients only carry $1 million dollars in liability insurance. Also, not everyone carries the OPCF 44R Family Protection Endorsement. The OPCF 44R endorsement is an optional policy coverage selection but a very important one to have. It’s not a lot more to carry $2,000.000.00 in liability along with the Family Protection Endorsement and here are some reasons why you should consider it.
- In the case of a catastrophic injury $1 million will not cover all of that injured person needs and you will be personally responsible for the rest of the claim;
- Your personal assets like your home, cars and cottage are at risk if the claim is over $1 million;
- If you are injured in an accident and the other motorist is uninsured, you can claim up to $2 million from your own insurance company;
- If you are injured and the other motorist only has $1 million in insurance you can claim the remainder against your own insurance company.
- The OPCF 44R endorsement protects not only you from under-insured/uninsured drivers but you family members as well. This coverage applies regardless of what car you are traveling in.
These are optional car insurance policy choices but critical ones for the protection of your family.